A Matter of Seconds.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016



I took this picture during bath-time where we then rushed off to meet Russ at work for lunch. On our way back home for naps, I witnessed a pretty bad accident. What was so terrifying about this accident was if one or two things had been different it very well could have been us. Someone ran a red light, and if the car that had gotten hit (that was right next to me) wasn't there, I'm pretty confident we would have been T-boned pretty hard right at Clara's carseat. All of the car's airbags deployed, so I can't imagine what would have happened. A few seconds could have changed everything. I seriously shudder every time I think about it. 

It had been a stressful week, but these are the moments that put everything else into perspective. At the end of the day, all that matters is that my family is safe, sound and happy. I'm hoping I can keep this lesson in mind next time Max throws his sippy cup and spills juice on my brand new area rug. :) 

... yup that happened. 

But for real. Some things just aren't worth losing sleep over. The end. 

She loves her baskets.

My #1 drink thief!

No comments: