The Lewis Home Tour

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


Welcome to the Lewis Home Tour! I have received requests to see some pictures of our new house. Since we're not in it yet, I thought I would meet you in the middle by showing pictures of the inside of the model home (which is exactly the same floorplan as our house)! One reason we were so excited about our house was the original builder had included about $30,000 worth of upgrades, that I'm sure we wouldn't have been able to afford, but we received at a huge discount. Some upgrades he did include:

Solid surface countertops (the model home had laminate)
Upgraded cabinets, carpet, tile, and 2 sinks in the master bath
Increased insulation throughout house, including insulated garage doors
 The lovely 3rd garage... oh, bless that man.

All walls in the house are white right now, which honestly, I am stoked about. I love the idea of starting with a fresh canvas. I also fell in love with the thick baseboards and doorframes, oversized windows, and craftsman style doors. Okey dokey, let's get this tour on the road!

In the picture below you will see the kitchen--he extended that right side out by 4 feet making it a bit more open.
So that's prety much it for the inside. Congrats to you if you made it through all those pictures! Another big selling point to us was the size of the yard and the view of the river, mountains, and horses, not to mention direct access to a huge trail that goes along the river. The big downside? None of the landscape is done. But, as my dad used to sing to me often as a kid, "you don't always get what you want." :) And plus, it'll do me some good to get down and dirty. Hello summer project!

10 comments:

Megan Barrick said...

Oh I can't wait to see all the amazing things you will do to this house. I know it will be fabulous!

Rachel and Jason said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! IT'S BEAUTIFUL. And even though it's the model home, I love the decor. Fun inspiration, right?! Also, I am loving the daily blog posts. Seriously. I am glad to know I'm not the only one that enjoys the blogosphere so much. Keep 'em coming. Love ya!

Becky Foster said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!

Marcella said...

Amazing walk through! I think it would take me a week at LEAST to figure that out! Good job and cute house. Glad you are so close.

Megan said...

how pretty! How soon will ya'll be moving in? We'll have to get together sometime.

Unknown said...

i've been waiting for more pictures!!! i love love love it! it's a great size house and you are going to make it so anthropologie-esque!

that backyard looks like it has tons of potential. there are NO backyards in las vegas OR phoenix, so i am jealous!! your new backyard is going to see so many good times-bbq's, going on the trail/playing in the water in summer, little kids will be jumping in leaves in that backyard, and there will be snowmen...ahhh. soo fun. i have to say again, i'm surprised at how much it makes me miss utah! i really, really miss it. maybe we can get a room at the lewis inn sometime? :)

and i'm with marcella...good thing you are so talented so we can all get a nice tour. that never would have happened on my blog.

Reeve family said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Rachel said...

what a great house and i love the view in the back! i'm so happy for you and all the excitement goin on now that you're back in utah!

Sheri Bird said...

its lovely and I am so happy for you. your dad loves projects so turn the back yard over to him. you should have he back yard done by the time your first childs has her wedding reception and a masters degree. JK B
love ya mileo

Kurt (Big Daddy) said...

Way cute house, love it love it. Congrats