Grayson Stuart

Sunday, July 15, 2012


These last 48 hours have been some of the most intense and emotional, yet beautiful moments for our family. My older sister, Brittney, gave birth to her first baby, Grayson Stuart Maxfield. Many of you know a bit about my sister's story that she has so bravely shared on her blog. In a nutshell, after 3 IVF's, one miscarriage, and 4 years later, a miracle came true today. 

I will let Brittney tell the nitty gritty about her labor experience if she wants, but I do need to say that my sister is the strongest person I know. I have always known this. I look up to her in more ways than I can count. She is unwavering, decisive, independent, and resilient. She has never given up. Even during her nearly 24 hours of labor that resulted in a somewhat emotional and stressful C section. She did whatever it took to get Baby G here, safely. And yes, that includes years and years of an emotional roller coaster we call "infertility." 

But he is here. And that is all that matters. 

I feel so honored to have been by her side during the labor experience. I sat in awe of her as we waited all day Saturday, through the middle of the night, and into Sunday morning. I sat in awe of her husband, Stuart. He will be the best Dad. I was in awe of the nurses and doctors that did what had to be done. I was in awe of all the family support that was there for B and Stu. This baby will be so loved he won't know what's coming! We think he is an old soul. He cried twice when he first came out, and then was wide eyed and alert for hours, just staring at all the expectant family members who smiled and talked to him. It's like he was listening, and telling us, "It's OK guys, I'm here now!" He is such a beautiful and calm baby.

I love being an aunt to Baby Grayson. I love that B and Stu now have a family of three. Life is good.


** All photos taken by the lovely Caitlin (Stu's younger sister you see in the above pic) **

8 comments:

The Moon's said...

So amazing. I have been stalking your blog Camille....sorry! It's me, Sommer Spinelli as you'd remember me- sommer moon now. So happy for all of the family!

Unknown said...

Apparatnly I am just hovering around media today in hopes of mores pics of that child. :) LOVE YOU ALL! What an awesome, LONG COMING post!!!

rach said...

HORRAY! Wonderful news! What a cute, special kid.

I LOVE the pic of you and your mom smiling down on Grayson. That is just beautiful.

emily said...

Like! Congrats to Stu and B. Isn't being an aunt the best?! :)

Laura L Giddens said...

Lovely post, Camille. You are a wonderful sister and amazing aunt! What a lucky little boy.

Amanda said...

Babies are a true miracle and it sounds like Grayson is no exception. Congrats to Brittney and Stuart! What an amazing story. That little boy was born into a great family, who will spoil him like crazy!

Reeve family said...

What a cute little baby!

Natalie said...

I know I am probably adding myself to a LONG list, but tell Brit if she ever wants a babysitter I would be honored to. What a great day. Great, GREAT day.