A few firsts

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Last night presented a few firsts in the life of Camille:
  • Getting to be in a "box" at an arena
  • Seeing a rodeo
  • Seeing a rodeo in a box at an arena
  • Watching Darius Rucker (main singer of Hootie and the Blow fish) sing on a revolving stage at an arena
Russ got some free tickets from his job to hang out in the company's box at the San Antonio Rodeo. It would be an understatement to say I was less than excited to go. It had been an early morning and a long day of tax returns, amplified by an hour commute on the way home. It's a good thing I have an amazing husband that is patient and kind and lets me be frustrated sometimes and let off some steam. And it's also a good thing I have a husband who is an "eternal optimist" and always tries to pack as much fun into our day as possible. Cause we did it. We packed a night of fun into our already full day. It ended up being a really fun night with more cowboy hats than I thought could fit into one solitary building.

2 comments:

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

did you wear a cowboy hat too?

Marcella said...

Glad you went! I am glad it turned out well too. Russ is an eternal optimist! I was thinking of you guys the other day. We sure miss you!