I'm Grateful

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Today I heard an amazing lesson at church. I sat there almost the entire time nodding my head thinking, "this is EXACTLY what I need to hear right now!!" You know what it was about? Gratitude. This emotion is so easily swept under the table and put aside for later. Later, as when life slows down a bit, that huge trial finally ends, or that thing we keep asking for finally happens. But life doesn't work like that.

An amazing lady stood up and talked about her young son who passed away about a month ago. She spoke of how she is grateful she never took one day she had with him for granted. How amazing would it be to say that? He was mentally disabled and required a lot of extra attention, but he had the sweetest, kindest, happiest countenance. Most understandably, she misses him dearly. She then spoke of how the biggest lesson she has learned this month is that life is short. You may have some people in your life that you are grateful for, and think "I need to let them know someday how grateful I am for them." That someday needs to be today, because, like she said, life is short. I was humbled and inspired to get to work and let those I love know how grateful I am for them, because after all:


Take a few minutes today to write a thank you note or drop a line to someone you love, expressing your gratitude for them in your life. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. :)

4 comments:

Angela Joy said...

Amen to that! And I'm so grateful for my family.

Andi Fitz said...

Good post Camille! Thanks!

B said...

so true - I'm grateful for you.

Anonymous said...

The things I regret most in life are NOT doing things and telling people how much I love them, appreciate them etc. Sometimes you lose the chance, and then it haunts you forever. I love the quote!