Our Minions are Turning 2!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tomorrow is Max and Clara's 2nd birthday. 

Whaaaaa?!?!?

So many emotions are going through my head right now! But that is for another post on another day. We had their birthday party last weekend, and it was so fun! They are obsessed with minions, so of course we had to go the minion route. Why try some cute little theme when minions are what bring the biggest smile to their faces right now!?

I found the coolest minion party accessory ever. Have you ever heard of airwalker balloons? They are about 43" tall and have weighted feet so they kind of just waddle around. This picture below is when they first saw the balloon. Clara was THRILLED, Max was super wary. 

I mean, look at this thing! haha!

I pushed my baking skills to the limit and made a minion cake using this tutorial. It's one of those things where you don't want to look too close, but I think it turned out really well!

Clara would NOT let go of their new minions... they went on the swing, the slide, everywhere! 

Max was kind of fussy. Sigh. I guess you can't get everything to go smoothly. He did perk up once the presents showed up :) This is his Dr. Evil pose. 

Side note: Russ dressed as a "minion" by wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants. No one noticed. Ha ha ha!

 Clara was so cute the whole night, especially with presents. She was so excited with every new item! One of her favorites was this new "potty" and all of her new friends that can go to the bathroom on it!

It was such a fun time celebrating our two little miracles. I'm so grateful to be their mother!

2 comments:

Sada said...

Happy birthday, Max and Clara!! I love this whole post but I am laughing out loud at your comment on Russ' outfit! Ha! I also think it might be so funny to me because I feel like that is exactly something Reagan would do! Lol!!

Sada said...

PS - I need to know where Clara's entire outfit is from including her bow! And also, great job on the cake. Impressive. And now I've totally created an awkward amount of comments on this post.