My (Not So) Babies

Sunday, January 11, 2015

I feel like I need to pinch myself lately. Multiple times a day I look down at my "babies" and a maturing face of a toddler looks back at me. These moments are so bittersweet. Their little faces melt me to the ground - a face with such wonder and innocence. The curiosity and excitement for life is palpable. The chubby, infant faces are no more, and naturally, the nostalgic side of me gets sad about that. 


But alas, I am absolutely loving this new stage. I can honestly say this is my favorite collective stage yet. Every stage has had it's perks and fun moments, however, right now we are in a bit of a blissful period. Both are sleeping great, they are so fun and love to play, eating is going better, and personalities are very apparent. Just yesterday I spent about 30 minutes in our playroom tee-pee reading books and playing with stuffed animals with Clara. Adorable! All in all I feel like I finally have *a bit* of a handle on this whole "two babies at the same time" thing (along with an absolute crazy pace of life, obviously).  If anyone thought I had it under control before was greatly deceived. :) I also recognize that this is a fleeting stage and as soon as I get comfortable some new stage will hit. Such is life, right?!

Either way, I'm ready for it. These (not so) babies are my whole heart and I love them more every day. 

Grandma and Grandpa Lewis gave Max and Clara a tupperware full of balls for Christmas, and needless to say, it's been a big hit! 

Also, please note my pillow-laden floor. We pretty much keep the pillows below the couch all day since we have two babies that think it's way too fun to dive off head-first. Silly babies. 

No comments: