Christmas, and Lately.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year blog friends, if you are still out there. I hope you like the new design - a change was way past due, and no time is better to make a change than the New Year! Speaking of new things in the new year, as of last night I am now committed to running a MARATHON in May. Eek! Even one day later I'm wondering what I have gotten myself into! I never thought I would run a full marathon seeing as every time I finished a half marathon I would say out loud "there is no way I could keep running another 13 miles!" Welp, guess I'll have to get training.
Sigh.

Before I get all intense, let me document some of the recent highlights, first off being Christmas! We had a pretty low-key holiday. We spent Christmas Eve/Christmas at Russ's parents, and later did a late-Christmas celebration at my parents' house. We are so lucky to have both of our parents within 15 minutes of our house. 

We started the festivities with a Nativity. It was the shortest Christmas story ever told, but luckily we got some cute pictures! 


The only way our three wisemen would stay sitting was with a toy record player. Naturally. 


... and then I attempted my double reindeer picture for the second time and ended up with this. Haha! I love this picture so much. It screams "the holidays are wearing me out! I just want to go to bed!"


December was unseasonably warm, so imagine everyone's excitement when we woke up to a snowy white Christmas morning. It really was magical. We took the babies sledding, and they liked it! Those 10 minutes were a blast! (wink wink)


Russ's office shuts down for two whole weeks around Christmas and I get spoiled to have him around for so long. I'm already depressed Christmas break is over! We took the babies to their first BYU basketball game, the aquarium, swimming, to see Santa and Christmas lights, and more! It has been a fun break. 





Most classic Santa picture ever. Clara has some great photo ops, as you can tell. 

Reindeer!

The Tree of Life is in Draper, and really is quite amazing.

My babies are not really babies anymore. Happy/sad about that.





I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Here's to 2015!

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Love the updates. Love the new blog look. Can you please come visit me, and help me decorated my house too?! I'm actually serious. It'd be great to catch up!

Angela Joy said...

I too love the new blog format, and of course LOVE YOU ALL! All my grandbabies are so darn cute.