Second Annual Trinity Lake Trip

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A few weeks ago we returned home from another amazing week at Trinity Lake, a remote and gorgeous lake in Shasta National Forest in Northern California. Our family is a big boating family, so this is the perfect vacation for us. By staying on a houseboat in the middle of the lake, it ensures that we catch the perfect water early in the morning and before the sun sets at the end of the day. Although catching perfect water on this lake isn't really that hard, considering we saw about 4 other boats the whole week. I'm not even kidding. It was pure heaven. Plus, I love that it's remote - ie: no cell phones, internet, etc. Completely disconnected. So without further adieu, here is a rundown of our week on Trinity Lake:



Grayson, the shark baby

We all had fun practicing our aim off the end of the boat. In case you were wondering, my aim is bad.

My cute mom

We like water sports

Brittney also has mad water-skiing skills, but since she had a baby like 5 weeks earlier, she had to refrain from showing us all up.

Stuart managed to not lose his glasses in the water this year. SUCCESS!

I like this guy.

Dude-in-laws.

More wake surfing experiments. It's hard.

My "little" bro.

A new type of water sport Stu invented, called "dragging."

We all had tons of Grayson time. I loved every second.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for planning another amazing family trip! Good memories!

3 comments:

Angela Joy said...

I like your pictures! You have better ones than I do. Who knows, maybe I did take some of them since we mixed up our cameras for a time. Dad especially likes the skiing pictures side by side. . . helps him compare!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous lake!! And it's funny-I'm so good at the dragging sport. Like, PRO, but I don't like to brag.

Rachel and Jason said...

Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun. And how cute is Baby G? Life is good.