Radiohead, Birthdays, Pirates, & Shaving. All In One.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I bought the new Radiohead album this weekend. It's AWESOME. The last four tracks of the album are my favorite. I have to admit, however, it has not yet topped "In Rainbows," the band's last album. I feel like all new Radiohead is always "out there," and takes time to get used to. It took a few months when it first came out, but now "In Rainbows" is one of my top favorite albums of all time. Yes, I actually said that.

Today is my little brother's birthday. He's turning 21!! I haven't seen him for over a year and a half, as he's serving a mission for our church in Japan, so obviously I miss him like crazy. As of late we have been trying to help him figure out where he'll be living at BYU when he comes back. It's phrases like this that make me miss Jace-face even more: "Those spots all sound really good, though I honestly don't care too much, because I think pretty much every spot will be more fun than I can possibly imagine at this point." Oh the optimism.


{Hey mom, you might want to skip this next paragraph} 


Speaking of missionaries, did you guys hear about the Christian missionaries that were attacked by Somalian pirates off the east coast of Africa yesterday?!? Yes... pirates. It's actually quite sad, because the pirates killed four of the missionaries on the ship. Luckily the Navy stepped in and saved the day. You can read about it here.

Ok, enough rambling. I need to get back to preparing taxes. I cannot wait. I will leave you girls with a little something to help with one of life's toughest decisions:

6 comments:

Angela Joy said...

Wow, quite the collection of thoughts here! Yes, I had already heard about the poor missionaries and those bloody pirates. . . it's terrible! I've been working on the apartment situation--it's just hard to know what to do since we only get to "talk" to him weekly. Love the flow chart on shaving legs--classic!

Amanda Jones said...

Chris will love you for this post.. he is a radiohead nut! I have yet to listen to the new album- much to chris' chagrin.

But the shaving legs things made my day... you should see mine right now! I was just thinking " I wonder how long I can get away with not shaving my legs!" HA!

Natalie said...

So you know that friend we have that everyone refers to by her initials? That crazy girl has not shaved ALL WINTER. She showed us the other day it was unreal.

Unknown said...

haha. I love that flow chart! super funny! Once on the mission i didn't shave for like 6 weeks or something... :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JACE!

Unknown said...

btw, that's actually Megan--i guess i'm logged into Sean's gmail... awkward comment coming from Sean. lol... although i think he shaved his legs once on the mission... :)

Sara said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing!